08 Oct Cultural Learning – Southern APHN region
Posted at 14:01h in
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
This workshop explores life prior to and since colonisation, the diversity within Aboriginal culture and how Health Professionals can work within a culturally safe practice. The workshop is delivered by way of interactive sessions, in a non-judgmental manner that encourages open participation by all.
- Outline Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander life prior to colonisation including customs, beliefs and daily activities.
- Describe how past and current government legislation, policies and priorities have impacted on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culture and communities
- Outline current Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific health priorities and standards including PIP, IHI and NHSQ Standards.
- Apply learnings from this course into everyday practice including utilising strategies and methods to engage appropriately with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within the health care context.
This free event requires a deposit.
- Your deposit will be refunded back to your payment card upon your attendance.
- If you do not attend without giving 48 hours’ notice, your deposit will not be refunded.
- Please see our terms and conditions for full details.
This program is funded by the Adelaide Primary Health Network – an Australian Government Initiative.