14 May Online Mock RCE
- Mock OSCE
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Mock RCE provides you with a realistic, simulated online mock RCE practice exam. It also includes in-depth presentations from examiners, taking you through cases, techniques and tips to give you the best chance of passing your exam. Just like the real RCE, this workshop is conducted via Zoom.
This is an all-day workshop. The morning session will provide you with an in-depth discussion and tips on the RCE exam, led by an experienced examiner. This will be followed by a Mock RCE.
The Mock RCE provides you with experience in each of the case types from the real exam, including:
- Case-based discussion
- Case-based discussion with a physical examination and/or procedure
- Critical appraisal and case-based discussion with reference to a research paper
- Remote consultation with a simulated patient
Just like the real exam, the Mock RCE:
- Is conducted under exam conditions.
- Uses the same format and timings as the real RCE.
- Is assessed by examiners.
- Makes use of trained actors for simulated patients.
The Mock RCE will provide 8 cases (2 of each type). Depending on participant numbers, you will be given the opportunity to observe some cases and participate in others (approximately half observe and half participate).
The Mock RCE is followed by an in-depth group feedback session, where common issues are discussed, and your pressing questions are answered.
The workshop numbers are capped to ensure an ideal level of participation.
This is a wonderful programme.
Provided me with a clear path how to approach each case with good preparation in reading time, and how to effectively answer each question without running out of time.
I am happy to recommend this course/workshop to other doctors.