06 Sep Managing anxiety – mental health workshop
Saturday 5 November 2016
9 am – 4.30 pm
This workshop has been accredited Mental Health Skills Training program recognised by GPMHSC, RACGP and ACRRM.
Open to all GPs wanting (Level 1) mental health skills training accreditation.
This 6.5 hour module has been developed to provide GPs with an opportunity to develop practical skills to manage patient presentations of anxiety disorders in their everyday primary care practice.
This workshop has been accredited for 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points with RACGP. Application pending for 30 PRPD points with ACRRM.
- Describe the aetiology and epidemiology of anxiety disorders
- Carry out assessment of anxiety disorders
- Summarise key consumer and carer perspectives
- Employ psycho-education using consumer friendly resources
- Apply basic CT strategies in practice